Thursday, April 30, 2009

A non-update

I just read all of my postings from October through to the most recent one. No wonder I feel like not much has been done for the past six months: it hasn't.

Tomorrow is the 1-year anniversary of starting on this "2-month" project. I am so discouraged. Sean has been promising me all week (since last Friday) that he'd be coming with the roofer to look at the torcheon section that may be leaking. On Friday he said he'd be here Monday or Tuesday; on Wednesday when I called him he said he'd been all lined up to come the previous day but "something came up" and he had to cancel. We're now half-way through Thursday and I haven't heard from him. [Update: He showed up at 4:40!]

On Sunday I sent him a list of everything that remains to be done, although in reviewing my blog posts I think I missed the drain pipe outside (which is preventing the gate from opening all the way).

Some work has been done since my last post: Roger and Joel replaced the toilet. I had noticed a hairline crack in the inside of the tank. After Roger had removed it, he said it was actually worse than it looked so it's a good thing I had noticed it. I'm not sure if they've done anything else... I think that might be it.

I can't believe it's been a year since we started this renovation. In that time, I've gone from being pregnant to having an 11-month old who is starting to walk. I have one week of maternity leave left then I'm back to work. My sister has had her first wedding anniversary. Three sets of friends are engaged and two others are expecting babies. A lot changes in a year! I just wish I could say "we renovated our house" rather than "we started renovating our house".

I was talking to my sister today and she suggested reporting the contractor to the BBB. If he doesn't get back to work PDQ I think that and/or a Small Claims action will be forthcoming.

No comments: