Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hmm

So, an update to my update... where I said Sean showed up with the roofer at 4:40. They left at 5:00. I saw them going down the ladder so I ran out to see what was up.

Sean was already halfway up the driveway when I got out there, so I asked the roofer "How does it look?" He said "Good." and walked away. Then Sean came back and said he'd "give me a full report" tomorrow and that he'd talk to me or leave me voicemail. He did mention that they should probably have moved the vent. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

On another topic, I started getting quotes for repaving the driveway in October. I had contacted 4 companies, and got 3 quotes. The fourth company never got back to me despite me re-requesting the quote twice (they did come out and measure, I just never heard from them again). The quotes were so far apart (one was in the $2000 range and another was $4300) that I got confused and stopped. So a week or two ago I called another three or four companies and they all came in more at the $2000 end, so I guess the one that was so high was maybe busy and didn't really want the job, but would do it if I made it worth their while. Anyway, I called the "winning" company today and they're going to come on Tuesday & Wednesday of next week to do the work, so that's nice and soon!

No comments: